Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz14xXejFvA

Wednesday 27 April 2011

D.R.E.A.M.

May and I have been working really hard on this little project that is still under wraps at the moment. And I can only pray and beg that things will turn out alright.

You know sometimes the world looks at you and think that there's nothing much you can achieve? Or they think that even if you set your heart to some things, you just aren't made for success? Well, I've been feeling this way recently, with some of the people closest to me making me feel that dreams are not meant for people of my caliber.

I've never ever denied the need to work hard, be it when I was in school or during my working years. I tried to give my best in everything, wishing that one day I could shut those verbal attackers from  school up. I wasn't the most popular kid out there, nor was I prom queen material, but I was driven, I was focused, I was disciplined, and I managed to hit higher than where I aimed -- the clouds. That was when I was still studying.

Just 10 years down the road, I'm barely a somebody, and with the same set of drive, focus and discipline, I'm just hoping that it would take me somewhere. Maybe this mindset is expired, neither does it apply to people looming around 30, but I'm still pretty set on taking myself some place, having it all -- being a good wife, a good mom, and having a career that motivates me.

Someday, just someday, I want to be the living example to my children: 

'As a means to success, determination has this advantage over talent - that it does not have to be recognized by others.'  ~ Robert Brault


No comments:

Post a Comment